The UKLFT Virtual Centre will hold its virtual kick-off meeting on Wednesday 24.03.2021 14h-17h GMT.
UKLFT is the STFC-funded Virtual Centre for UK Lattice Field Theory. It currently comprises 35 academics from 10 different UK institutions. Its mission is to:
- organise an Annual Meeting with topical talks with speakers from both within the UK and beyond, and a poster/5 minute seminar session to assist younger researchers to introduce their work
- organise training, ranging from hackathon-style events focussed on the mastery of new architectures or coding techniques, to workshops for reviews and case studies of new algorithms or analysis techniques such as Machine Learning
- provide T&S support for early career researchers to visit other UK groups to exchange techniques, master code, and foster collaboration
- fund short-term visitors from overseas, both to extend existing collaborations and to travel to other UK groups to make fresh contacts
The UKLFT Virtual Centre is currently managed by a Board comprised as follows:
- Christine Davies (Glasgow)
- Vincent Drach (Plymouth)
- Simon Hands (Chair, Swansea)
- Andreas Jüttner (Southampton)
- Tony Kennedy (Edinburgh)
- Kurt Langfeld (Liverpool)
- Arttu Rajantie (Imperial)
- Christopher Thomas (Cambridge)
At the meeting we will also outline plans for the Virtual Centre going forward, including details of how to apply for travel costs to support you research once the pandemic restrictions are eased, and an informal discussion on future activities such as training and workshops.